Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Authors
1. J.K. Rowling | Of course she’s on this list! While I haven’t read any of her adult novels, I’ve read every single book in the Harry Potter series and she will forever hold my number one spot because of those.
2. Kristin Hannah | It’s simple – I’ve never not liked a book she’s written. They are all just so good!
3. Maria V. Snyder | The world she built for the Study Series and now the Soulfinders Series… it’s amazing and breathtaking. I am determined to finish every book she’s written by the end of the year.
5. Sarah Addison Allen | I love the way she writes. I love the characters she writes and the way that magic influences their lives. It’s so different than anything I’ve ever read and I can never get enough.
6. J.K. Rowling | Had to duplicate her from Kiesha’s list—Rowling was such a huge part of my childhood, how could I not?
7. Tamora Pierce | Speaking of authors who were huge parts of my childhood—literally all of Pierce’s novels were my jam about ten years ago. I’ve been meaning to reread several of them, because I remember enjoying them so much. I became a fantasy fan because of Pierce and Rowling.
8. Meg Cabot | Another icon from my youth, there isn’t a Cabot novel I haven’t read. I wish she’d release more!
9. Emily Giffin | My first foray into the adult fiction/chick lit world—Something Borrowed. I’ve read every single Giffin novel I can get my hands on. Though I wasn’t a huge fan of her last, I’m still excited for her next!
10. Maria V. Snyder | Okay, I lied. I can’t help it if Kiesha snags all the good ones! I’ve read all of Snyder’s adult novels and have her young adult fiction hanging out on the Kindle. She’s fantastic.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the Broke & the Bookish. Check out more Top Ten features on their site.