Top Ten 2016 Debuts Novels I’m Looking Forward To
- This is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp | This is about a school shooting—the entire book spans 54 minutes from four perspectives. I actually have this in my galley queue and am waiting until it gets a little closer to the release date to read and review.
- The Reader by Traci Chee | The whole “not allowed to read” thing seems to be popping up a lot lately, but this one sounds awesome!
- Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie | Sonya can feel what others can feel, a gift she’s kept secret. This sounds so good! It sounds like there is a possibility of a love triangle, which makes me nervous, but I’ll give it a shot.
- Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor | I have a weakness for time travel novels. Love the concept of this and I love Scotland. Yes, please.
- Sword and Verse by MacMillian | This sounds like a mix of several different stories I love.
6. The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye | Magic, competition, romance…my cup of tea.
7. The Heir and the Spare by Emily Albright | I’m a secret sucker for royal romance.
8. Flirting with Fame by Samantha Joyce | This sounds so cute! Elise is the anonymous author of a popular book series who gets a taste of fame who lives vicariously through the girl who poses as her on the back cover.
9. The Moon in the Palace by Weina Dai Randel | I love historical fiction, and this one looks amazing.
10. The Edge of Nowhere by CH Armstrong | The cover. The description. I need this.