Ten Books I Plan To Have In My Beach Bag This Summer
1. Finniken of the Rock by Melina Marchetta | I’ve heard great things about this book! I love fantasy and summer wouldn’t be complete without a great fantasy series.
2. Thrive by Arianna Huffington | I picture myself sitting on my back porch, coffee in hand, reading this in the morning before it gets too hot. I snagged a copy from Blogging for Books, so it should be coming in the mail soon!
3. Mad About the Boy by Helen Fielding | I loved the first two books, and despite the abysmal rating on this one, I want to give it a shot.
4. Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews | It say’s summer in the title…need I say more?
5. The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks | I just realized that it’s been several years since I’ve picked up a Sparks novel. Do I think they all follow the same formula? Yes. Is this sometimes annoying? Yes. Will I read this and secretly love it? Probably.
6. Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen | I love ALL of her books, so of course I’ve gotta get my hands on her latest!
7. Leave Your Mark by Aliza Licht | okay, okay it’s not technically a ‘beach read’ but I will have it with me until I’ve finished it!
8. Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra | I’ve been wanting to read this since forever ago but it’s not released until TOMORROW. Finally!
9. The Devil You Know by Trish Doller | This isn’t out for another week, but I AM SO EXCITED. It sounds so flipping good.
10. Scarlett Undercover by Jennifer Latham | A kick-butt female private eye trying to solve her father’s murder? Of COURSE this is on my list, it’s perfect for me!
I don’t think my ‘beach reads’ really fall into the same category as most people’s… haha.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the Broke & the Bookish. Check out more Top Ten features on their site.