Top Ten Most Anticipated Debut Novels of 2015
1. Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra | Goodreads describes this as a drama-packed, Black Swan meets Pretty Little Liars novel and that hooked me. Gigi, Bette and June are three top students at an exclusive Manhattan ballet school and they will do anything to be the prima there. This isn’t supposed to be released until May 26th, which is a bummer because I want to read it now. Instead, I’ll settle for a Pretty Little Liars marathon to get my drama fix.
2. Vivian Apple at the End of the World by Katie Coyle | I went on a little bit of a pre-ordering streak after Christmas and this was one of the books I ordered (along with The Way We Bared Our Souls and quite a few others…). After the supposed “Rapture” takes her parents, Vivian goes on a road trip across panic-stricken America looking for answers. It sounds super intriguing and I can’t wait to read it! It’s actual release date is today (January 6th) so keep your eye out for a review by the end of the month!
3. The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker | Elizabeth Grey is one of the king’s best witch hunters, until she’s accused of being a witch herself and sentenced to die at the stake. The most powerful wizard in the kingdom offers her a deal – he will save her if she can find the person who laid a deadly curse against him. This sounds SO GOOD. It comes out June 2nd, and I will definitely be pre-ordering it!
4. The Way We Bared Our Souls by Willa Strayhorn | “Five teenagers sit around a bonfire in the middle of the New Mexico desert. They don’t know it yet, but they are about to make the biggest sacrifice of their lives. When they trade totems as a symbol of shedding and adopting one another’s sorrows, they think it’s only an exercise. But in the morning, they wake to find their burdens gone…and replaced with someone else’s. ” – Goodreads. This is one of the other books I pre-ordered, and I’m so anxious to get my hands on it. It sounds unlike any other book I’ve ever read! It’s released January 22nd and I’ll have a review up shortly after that.
5. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon | I’m so sad that I have to wait until September for this one! Everything, Everything is about a girl who is literally allergic to the outside world. Everything changes when Olly moves in nextdoor and she begins a complicated romance that challenges everything she’s ever known. It’s released on September 1st.
6. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard | The Reds are the commoners, who serve the Silvers, nobility with god-like powers. Mare, who is a Red, ends up working in the Silver palace, only to discover she has powers of her own. Red Queen is released on February 10th—can’t wait!
7. An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir | Set in a brutal Rome-like world, Laia goes undercover as a slave when her brother is arrested for treason. Elias is the academy’s best soldier, but he’s ready to desert his post. Laia and Elias’s paths cross and their choices may change the empire forever. Sounds like an exciting love story to me! It will be released on April 28th.
8. The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey | Goodreads says readers who enjoyed City of Bones and Shadow and Bone will like this one…it has magic, people with feathers for hair, pickpockets, mythical entities…sounds like my cup of tea! The Girl at Midnight will be released on April 28th.
9. Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley | Aza Ray has a mysterious disease that is slowly making it harder for her to breathe. She spots a ship in the sky, which everyone believes is a side effect of her medication—until she is swept onto a ship and in to another world–Magonia. The cover art is beautiful and the story sounds intriguing, so I’m excited for this one. Magonia will be released on April 28th.
10. A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas | A retelling of Sleeping Beauty, A Wicked Thing tells the “true” side of the fairy tale—it’s not all rainbows and unicorns. Aurora wakes up to find that her family is long dead, her prince is a total stranger, and her entire future has been planned out while she was sleeping. I love fairy tales, and this one is no exception. A Wicked Thing will be released on February 24th.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the Broke & the Bookish. Check out more Top Ten features on their site.
One thought on “Top Ten Tuesday: 1/6”
These all sound so good!!! I am super excited for The Red Queen and The Girl at Midnight 🙂 good list though. I see some I haven’t heard of before that I must check it out ^_^!