Ten New Series I Want to Start
1. Mark my words, I will start the Lorien Legacies (I Am Number Four) this year! There are so many books in the series, which is exciting to me. I loved the movie, so hopefully I love the books more.
2. I recently stumbled across the Once Upon A Time Fairytales on Goodreads, which are essentially retellings of beloved, classic fairytales. There are several different retellings, including Cinderella, Rumpelstiltskin, The Little Mermaid, etc., which are written by different authors, so I have plenty to choose from!
3. The Elemental Trilogy looks phenomenal. The first two books are already released, and the third book is due to publish 2015. It’s a story of magic and destiny, which is right up my alley.
4. The Snow Like Ashes series looks fantastic, too. Orphans, warriors, magic, enemies, kingdoms…it has a fabulous rating on Goodreads, and the reviewers are raving about it.
5. For some reason, I’m typically drawn to fantasy books with female protagonists. However, after reading the description and reviews of the Prince of Fools (The Red Queen’s War series), I think I’ll definitely be picking it up.
6. I’m a little behind (or a lot since the first of this series was released 8ish years ago…) but I REALLY want to start the Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare. I’ve seen the movie and LOVE it, I actually didn’t know there was a series until I read the details on the movie. Now, it’s definitely on my to-read list but I know that as soon as I start one, I’m going to want to read them all immediately after. Maybe Christmas break?
7. The Shades of London series by Maureen Johnson sounds like it is right up my alley. I follow Maureen on Twitter and she is HILARIOUS but I’ve never read any of her books! The whole Jack Ripper-reappearance is something I am super intrigued by. Definitely hoping to crack into these soon.
8. I’m a huge sucker for zombies – I live for The Walking Dead, World War Z, and pretty much anything else zombie-related (I even have zombie garden gnomes on my Christmas list…). It should come as no surprise then, that I desperately want to read The White Rabbit Chronicles by Gena Showalter. The books are about Alice (Ali) Bell finding a way to avenge her parents’ untimely death. The first 2 books in the series were released already, and the 3rd was just released last month.
9. The first book in the Firebird triology, A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray was just released and it gets amazing reviews on Goodreads. I can’t help but be drawn to it – a book that, according to the Goodreads summary, explores a reality where we witness the countless other lives we might lead in an amazingly intricate multiverse, and ask whether, amid infinite possibilities, one love can endure? Sign me up! Buying ASAP.
10. Again, it’s been a few years since the first in the Hourglass Series by Myra McEntire was released, but it sounds SO good too. Emerson Cole started having visions after her parents’ death but all she wants is to be normal, so her brother brings in a consultant from an organization called Hourglass to see if she can be cured. Enter a mysterious man that seems to know more than he lets on, and you’ve got the makings of a series that I just can’t resist.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the Broke & the Bookish. Check out more Top Ten features on their site.